Christmas Wreath with Xyron and DCWV

Hey there, how are your Christmas preparations coming along? I have been busy with some home decor projects for the holidays that have been popping up on my Facebook and Twitter pages but today I am sharing the absolutely easiest wreath that I have EVER made and it's all thanks to the fabulous DCWV Seasonal Wreath Stack from DCWV and my trusted crafty tool the Xyron Mega Runner.  Oh have you seen the gorgeous new colour Xyron Mega Runner?, it's available on HSN and comes as part of an adhesive kit, once you try it you will never look back.


Christmas Wreath


This wreath is great for hanging but also for table decor, I am going to the store tomorrow to find a large red candle in a glass container to stand in the middle for the table.

 Supplies

Red Buttons
Green Ranger Liquid Pearls
12 x 12 Piece of cardboard 

Hey Presto!

 OK this is so simple because DCWV have included pictorial instructions and templates within the stack.  All you have to do is decide which of the papers you want to use.  To speed up the cutting of the petals i folded the page in an accordion fold and placed the templates on top and traced before cutting, this gives multiple petals in half the time.


I used my Xyron Mega Runner to apply adhesive to the tips of the petals before forming the flowers.  I made four different styles of flower from the one petal shape.  I curled up one flower, curled back on an other, twisted the third and for the fourth I creased the petals down the middle.
To add the flowers to the wreath base I used the Xyron Mega runner to apply adhesive on the base and added flowers as I worked my way around the wreath.  I packed them tightly to give a fuller look to the wreath.


To finish I added buttons to the flower centers and some liquid pearls to the more hidden flowers.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, you can also follow my official Facebook page.  Check out Xyron on Facebook too for amazing craft inspirations every day.


products supplied as part of the Xyron Design Team

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation.

Popular Posts